New Alumni Clubs Open For Business

AlumniComments (0)

Last spring in Carey Business, Director of Alumni Relations Sharon Trivino stated her department’s goal of having four alumni clubs up and running in Beijing, Shanghai, San Francisco, and New York by the summer of 2016.

Consider it done. And on schedule.

The four clubs are operational and have presidents in place, Trivino reported recently. The leaders are Hao Yu (MBA ’12) in Beijing; Leo Li (MBA ’14) in Shanghai; Katie Saiget (Graduate Certificate, Finance ’12) in San Francisco; and Stephanie Bean (MBA/Master of Public Health ’13) and Molly Joyce (MBA ’13), co-presidents in New York.

“We are thrilled to begin building our regional alumni network across the globe,” Trivino says. “Our alumni volunteers are the backbone to a strong community worldwide, and we are fortunate to have such enthusiastic leadership in all of the regions.” “As an alumnus,” Yu says, “I want to give back to the school and its community by building local alumni communities to create a home away from home for local alumni and to carry the brand and values of the Carey Business School.”

The Beijing club has already been in place for nearly two years. It was established in late 2014 and, as Yu notes, quickly became active in organizing various professional and social events, such as panel discussions on business topics, receptions for newly accepted students from China, and ski trips.

Says Li, from Shanghai: “Carey is more a family than just a school I went to. To me, the best way of staying a part of Carey is being a volunteer and leading alumni to build our community here.”

From New York, Bean says she is “thrilled” to be involved with the alumni group based there, adding, “I look forward to building on the positive momentum we have enjoyed in our first months and continuing to grow our vibrant Carey community in the Big Apple.”

And Saiget, from San Francisco, says, “I’ve always loved bringing people together. I love seeing the magic that happens when a group of diverse people connect and share ideas and experiences. When the volunteer opportunity came up to bring Carey alumni together, I was excited to do what I can to create a tight-knit Carey community.”

Trivino says her alumni relations team at Carey continues to explore other potential areas for clubs. Regions and cities under consideration include Baltimore/Washington, D.C./Virginia; Los Angeles; Philadelphia; and Boston.

Pin It